Sunday, February 13, 2011

Drip Brewed

You know how you make a pot of coffee? The old fashioned way. Not those one cup things or an espresso. A drip brew coffee maker. You pour in the coffee grounds, the water and hit the button. The aroma of the grounds. Yes, I said aroma. Then the thing gurgles a little bit. You walk away.
Soon, you can smell a pot of coffee in process. You know it's not ready, but, whatever you're doing, you want to go to it. Holding back a little, you occupy your mind with your Farmville or shaving or the news. Then that aroma hits you to wake you up again.
There it is, a pot of black heaven. Liquid buzz, joe, java, the good stuff, morning mud. Whatever you call it, that first sip is everything to get your day started.
Can you tell I like coffee. I drink too much, though. I'll down a pot before 11 am. Serious. It's my addiction.

I digress.

My life has gotten fairly interesting as of late and reminds me of drip brewing coffee. The anticipation of what will be. It's just that I don't know what will be. Kinda like I recieved a bag of ground coffee with no label.
So, in the coming days, I will try to be more diligent with my updates and together, we will find out what's brewin'.

No comments:

Post a Comment