Sunday, March 6, 2011

Straw No Whip

The weekend was great.

Saturday, six youths and I drove to Seattle for the Rock and Worship Roadshow. While we were there we found out some others were there,too. That was cool but our little group stayed together and partied. Well, that is until Jayk found his friends from school, so he went and set with them. He later joined us for Mercy Me.

Ok, the R&WR is several bands that travel the country and all seats are $10. They wanted to keep the price as low as possible so families can go out and have a good time. These are good bands too. Mercy Me, Anthem Lights, Matt Maher, Jars of Clay, Lecrae, 1000 Foot Krutch and The Afters.

Different genres with the same theme-worship. 17,000 people celebrating our Savior with rock music. 17,000 people singing, bouncing, dancing, praising our Lord! Just a great experience. Bart Millard, lead singer of Mercy Me had an excellent message of "it doesn't stop here". We can all cheer and sing and get warm and fuzzy about the concert, but, there is tomorrow. We need to be this way all the time for our God. If not, what's the point?

Everyday is a battle to keep our relationship with Jesus open and honest. When we're with 17,000 of our brothers and sisters, it's easy. When we step out into the real world, well, are you still as excited as you were at the concert? Are you praising and worshipping, thanking God like you were in that arena?

I almost always get a 20 oz triple mocha with a straw and no whip. I don't like whip because it cools the coffee too quickly. Also, when you order whip, they don't fill your cup as much to make room the whip. So you are basically shorting yourself when you have whip. 

I use a straw for a couple reasons. It's too hot at first. As it cools, everything settles to the bottom. I use the straw to stir it up. I'm usually driving when I get my drink and I like sipping while I drive. It only takes one bad experience to develop mannerisms. One day, I got my 20 oz triple mocha with a straw no whip on my way to a job site. While on I-5, I picked up my 20 oz triple mocha with a straw no whip and as raised to my mouth to take a sip. The cup buckled and the lid came off and I was wearing my 20 oz triple mocha with a straw no whip. Needless to say, I screamed. Now, I use a straw.

Don't live on whip. You're shorting yourself the full drink. Use a straw. Keep it stirred up. Enjoy your drink. Sip it and relax. Don't be thinking, "I got this" and have the lid pop off. With out Jesus stirring your life, you may get burnt.

1 comment:

  1. You are SO my favorite blogger, Fearless Leader :) My two very favoritest topics: Jesus & coffee (don't tell Eric ;)). Please pray for me as I share my testimony and views on purity with the youth here in Trail tomorrow. I'm not nervous yet (do you think that's a bad thing?).
    SOooooooOOooo excited for Tecate!!!!!!! I'm like SpongeBob up in here: "I'm ready! I'm ready! I'm ready!"
    Poor Eric. Oh well, for better or worse, right? :)
    Thanks for updates Charlie!
    ~Emy

    ReplyDelete